Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Fire Trucks at the Grocery Store



We went to the grocery store this morning, and I was surprised to see two fire trucks parked in front.  I assumed they were doing an inspection of the store, just as a routine thing.  As I walked by the first truck and looked back I saw this wreath on the front end of the truck and thought that it was nice that the firemen added this holiday decoration.  I got out my camera and then as I looked at the front of the truck, realized that there was a driver inside.  So I took the photograph, and then went up to the driver to tell him I appreciated their decoration on the truck.  We had a nice conversation about the California wildfires and other things relating to fires.  Then I though I would be funny and so I said to him: "Because there are two fire trucks parked in front of Ralphs, should I be worried about going inside?"  The driver laughed, and then said: "We're here for the same reason you are - we are buying groceries for the firehouse!"  They have 12 firemen who live at the firehouse, and they take turns cooking for the whole group!  So that was fun to learn, and it was a nice conversation besides.


No comments: