Monday, December 4, 2017

Impressionism in the Side Yard


I wanted to go exploring for photographs in a different way today.  I have this contraption called a "Lens Baby" and it is essentially a magnifying glass that connects to my Nikon and allows the single lens to focus.  Since it is only a magnifying glass, as opposed to regular camera lens, the image is out of focus all around the edges of the image.  This effect can be considered impressionistic and artful, or it can be considered a cheap trick.  I think it is the former.  But you get to decide.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the out-of-focus effect. It's different and interesting. Diane

ginger said...

i agree with diane. is it possible for all the leaves to be out of focus?

Anonymous said...

I like the look from "lens baby". Very interesting.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big fan of "blurry" but when I enlarged the photo, I do like it. betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for your comments! To answer Ginger's question, there is a "sharp" spot in the middle of the lens - everything gets blurry as you leave the center of the picture. There were some metal pieces that would "stop down" the lens, making everything sharper, but I can't find them.