Sunday, December 31, 2017

The Power of Art


I bought a book by the photographer Robert Adams when I was in Santa Monica.  It is called "Art Can Help."  These two statements are from the introduction: "It is the responsibility of artists to pay attention to the world, pleasant or otherwise, and to help us live respectfully in it."  And this:  "More than anything else, beauty is what distinguishes art.  Beauty is never less than a mystery, but it has within it a promise."  I immediately identified with all of that.  I recognize that beauty is what matters to me and what I try to find in my photographs.  So this is a pallet of succulents for sale on Abbot Kinney at a place called "Grow" and I thought the collection was just beautiful arranged like this.
Happy New Year to everyone!

3 comments:

ken schwarz said...

Best wishes for good health and happiness in the New Year! Looking forward to another 365 beautiful photographs!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! May we all "grow" through your photographs, knowledge and stories in the coming year.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Happy and healthy New Year to you! I love the arrangement of the succulents. Makes me want to buy more plants...I am also looking forward to a new year of photos and stories. betsey