Monday, January 1, 2018

A Christmas Candle


We are fond of putting one electric candle in each window in the front and side windows of the house.  I love the subtlety of this kind of Christmas decoration.  I first saw how something like this can make a spectacular sight when I first saw the town green in Guilford, Connecticut., about 50 years ago.  The green is surrounded by historic houses, and they have an understanding that no colored lights will be used.  To see all the houses on the green with each window in every house illuminated with white candles is really a sight to see!  Of course this photograph is different - this photograph feels spooky and strange.  The view from outside is more magical, however.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing the candles in every window. Did this on Seaside for 30 years. I have candles in the windows of my condo, but it is not the same as the old homes. Guilford does have a beautiful green and surrounding lovely homes.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I like the simple serenity of this photo. The single candle, the comfy bed, plain desk and chair, single print and lamp all seem to say "relax". betsey