Sunday, January 28, 2018

Harbor Fog


On the way to church this morning as I drove by the harbor, I was stunned to see that the fog was probably  20 to 30 feet thick!  There was no time to stop, so we didn't.  After we returned a couple of hours later, there wasn't nearly so much fog, but I thought I would try and find a photo.  So the line in the fog in the middle of the photograph is one of the sand barges that are moored in the harbor.  It is almost completely hidden.  The fog is the result of the water in the harbor being really cold, and the  air over the harbor is warm and saturated from the rain.  So the water cools the air and the fog forms.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting picture! I like the village off in the distance-humans want to be near the water, it seems. Trace

Anonymous said...

Very cool photo! Love it. betsey