Thursday, January 4, 2018

The Snowstorm!



The wind!  Man oh man!  The snow was relatively light and came down slowly, but the winds were howling, 25 knots, gusting to 41!  It felt as if there was a real storm out there!  So I stayed inside and came up with these two photographs.  The one above is shot through the bathroom window upstairs, and it was coated with ice on the outside, making this impressionistic image.  I thought I would wait until tomorrow to get the snow blower out, since I was sitting and reading, and enjoying a cup of hot apple cider.  But then I heard the sound of a neighbor's snow blower and noticed that the snow had stopped.  So out I went and fired up my beast of a machine, and made short work of the driveway.  The winds are supposed to be just as strong tomorrow, so I will be curious to see how much snow drifts back on to the driveway.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty, but I am happy I do not have to shovel anymore. I know I am paying condo fees, but with those howling winds yesterday, I enjoyed staying inside. Snow drift against my slider was 17 inches deep and yet a small portion near sidewalk, you could see the grass.
Joan