Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Frosting


The forecast last night said we might get half an inch of snow, which was fine with me.  But when I woke to 2" of wet snow, which was gently piled up on each and every branch, I was thrilled.  I grabbed my camera because every minute counts.  A small breeze is enough to start shaking the snow off.  This was the first shot I did, of some herbs nearly buried in the snow.


Then I went looking for something completely different.  I have photographed this tree so much that I wanted to find some view that I had never seen.  I think this photo is that shot.  The Japanese maple is in the foreground, and the giant Hickory tree is seen over the top of it.  I like this shot a lot because it is different for me.  And I can't restrain myself from doing, once again, the wide shot looking up under the tree. I know you have seen this before, and so have I, but I can't resist. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I first glanced at the first photo, I thought it was a small bird :-) I never get tired of your Japanese Maple. A beautiful photo taking in the entire tree - WOW! betsey