Thursday, January 18, 2018

An Oldie But a Goodie


I am still going through some old photographs, and found this one!  Wow!  It is Liz and Amy doing some kind of cooking in our old kitchen.  I love that both of them have to stand on stools to be high enough to use the counter.  On the left is the ancient gas stove that was in the kitchen when we bought the house.  Look at the cabinets on the walls.  I think there are two, one on each side of the kitchen.  I love this photograph and it really takes me back.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture- the sweetness and simplicity of childhood. It makes me stop and think how fast the years go and the richness of those years. It is a happy picture of family. Amy and Liz look so cute, too. Bittersweet and touching. Trace

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful photograph.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful family photo. I agree with Trace.
Joan

Anonymous said...

This photo is a treasure. I love the long apron on Liz and that Amy is standing on a cushioned foot stool. Just 2 kiddos helping mom in the kitchen. It's great to have the photo to show how your kitchen has changed through the years. betsey

Anonymous said...

Ken, looks like an old Life Magazine picture of "The Spencers in the kitchen".
Stan

Ken Spencer said...

Stan: Thanks. I thought that as well. It is a copy of a black and white print on paper. I love the feeling of this. Like old timey photojournalism.