Monday, December 11, 2017

Mai Tais Anyone?


When we were in Honolulu, the ladies liked the idea of having drinks on Waikiki Beach in the afternoon, at Dukes, and at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel.   They would order Mai Tais.  I don't do mixed drinks at all, ever.  But I thought I would try a sip of a Mai Tai.  Wow!  So when we got home, I had to do some research and find out how to make these.  The ingredients are not always agreed upon, but here is what I used: white rum, lime juice, orange curacao, orgeat syrup and dark rum.  The orgeat syrup was impossible to find.  I saw references to the fact that is is hard to get "on the mainland."  I managed to buy it online.  So here is my first Mai Tai.  The glass is too large, and I haven't used enough ice, but you can see how the dark rum was "floated" on the other ingredients.  There is another recipe I will make next that replaces lime juice with pineapple juice and orange juice.  I will let you know how that turns out. And, hey, I TOLD you that today's post would be different!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man - you must have really enjoyed that Mai Tai for you to buy ingredients online and buy all the other ingredients to make these!!! betsey