Monday, February 25, 2019

A Big Wind Knocked it Down


I was out running errands today, and needed to go to the hardware store.  But the street was full of police cars and fire trucks.  I worked my way around back, and then saw this!  Yikes!  The wind was howling all day - some wind gusts up to 55 MPH.  The second I saw this pole, I realized what had happened - the whole bottom of the power pole was rotted.  It just split apart in pieces at the bottom and folded itself up.  When I finally got in the hardware store, the people there said that it had only happened 20 minutes before I got there.  They heard a loud "BOOM" and their lights flickered.  A little excitement for the neighborhood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! All this excitement in lil' ol' Glen Head! Fortunately, we missed out on all of this action, but we are glad that Ken and his magic camera were able to capture it for posterity! Babs and Will