Thursday, June 6, 2019

20 Years!


This is my good friend John, who has been one of my mentors in astronomy, and in telescope making.  When I made my first telescope mirror,  I could not have done it without John's help.  So this is his new telescope and telescope mount.  It was just delivered the other day.  He has been waiting for this telescope for a while - twenty years to be exact!  He ordered it twenty years ago, and it just arrived!  How astounding is that!  It is made by Roland Christen, the best telescope maker in the United States.  His telescopes are in great demand and they have a long waiting time.  I can't wait for a chance to look through this instrument when we finally get clear skies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Twenty years waiting for an order-that is amazing and mind boggling. Trace

Ken Spencer said...

Trace: Yeah, that even boggles my mind!

Anonymous said...

Wow! John is a very patient man. Can't wait to hear about it in the future...betsey