Saturday, June 1, 2019

Uplifting


This evening I drove over to the site where they are building those monster condominiums.  There have been photographs of serious flooding during the recent rain storms.  The road was impassible, and people trying to get to the private yacht at the end of the road were out of luck.  They say they will be putting in a drainage system that will prevent flooding.  And, apparently, they will be raising the level of the road as well.  Man, that is some raising!  This was so strange looking - it jumped out at me as I drove along the road, so I had to stop and photograph it.

3 comments:

Photodude Images said...

That may not be true. The raised fire hydrant is for the benefit of tall firefighters so they don't have to bend down so much, and tall dogs such as great danes so they can comfortably use it as well.

Anonymous said...

Photodiode made me laugh this morning. Is the flooding caused by the condos being built? I would think raising the road would only cause flooding nearby. I guess time will tell.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Joan: So glad that Mike made you laugh! He is so funny! Not only are they raising the road, but they are installing a huge drain system that will funnel rain water away from the road. At least that is the theory.