Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Roses from the Garden


I came into the kitchen yesterday and saw a simple glass jar with three roses in it.  Kathy had cut the roses from a bush in the garden and they looked beautiful just sitting on the counter in the kitchen.  I immediately thought that it was worth a picture.  I spent a few minutes trying slightly different views, and seeing if I wanted everything in the photograph to be sharp, or whether I wanted to do this, where only some of the Rose blossoms are in focus.  Obviously, this is the one I liked the best.  By softening the focus on the jar and the table top and the green leaves, the roses become the most important element in the photograph

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful roses and hopefully fragrant. Love the softness of the photo.
Joan

Anonymous said...

The red roses are striking! So pretty. betsey

Anonymous said...

This is a really lovely photo, Ken! Just about perfect!!! I love the sharp contrast between the roses and the vessel...I can almost smell them!!! Good job! Babs

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for the nice words about the roses! I am so pleased that you all enjoyed the photograph.