Tuesday, June 4, 2019

At The Department of Motor Vehicles


I went to the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles today, to renew my driver's license.  I was not looking forward to the experience.  It turns out I was pleasantly surprised by my time there. There were employees available to answer questions, and everything is really well organized.  Five minutes at the first window, and five minutes to wait for my picture to be taken.  Then about forty minutes sitting on the benches while reading a book, waiting for my number to be called.  And then maybe ten minutes at the window talking to a nice woman who dealt with all the paperwork, and then handed me my new temporary license!  One hour and five minutes, and I was back out the door! So now I am good until 2027.  I wonder if they will still let me drive at 85?

2 comments:

Photodude Images said...

You are probably driving 60 years. What questions could you possibly have? BTW, you can renew your license on line or by mail - all you need is a doctors note for the eye test. If NY won't issue you a drivers license in 8 years, come on down to Florida. Fog the mirror and smile for the camera and you are in. Happy Motoring.

Anonymous said...

I renewed my license two years ago at a AAA office. Quick and easy and they took the photo. So glad I don't have to deal with the DMV...betsey