Friday, January 27, 2023

The Old Water Company


I went for another of my walks late in the day on an overcast day.  I think it was the foggy day I took my walk.  This is the old Sea Cliff Water Company building which was apparently not used for quite a while.  You have seen a photo or too that I took through the window showing the interior.  Water Company InteriorThere is a concrete hole in the floor and I think it contained some machinery which was removed.  I wish I saw it when the machinery was in place.  Sea Cliff Water Company was sold to some large company and they decided to sell this building and property back to the village. So the village is going to fix the building up and figure out what to use it for.  So it looks a bit tired under these conditions, and I actually liked the feeling of this old building this way.  But it will look better eventually.





 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the patterns above the door and windows both in wood and bricks. Hope the village keeps those as the upgrade the building. betsey

Anonymous said...

I am glad that the Village purchased this property back and look forward to you keeping us updated with what they do to revive this building. Nice that you captured this photo for the "before" photo as you did with the inside photo.
Joan