Wednesday, January 25, 2023

The Trees Across the Pond


You have seen these trees so many times before, in all seasons.  But I have never seen them this color!  I couldn't believe what a beautiful color they were yesterday when I saw them.  These are the trees I wanted to photograph with the Phragmites in the foreground somehow, but I couldn't get high enough to shoot over the reeds.  So I took two photographs - the one you saw yesterday and then this one because I wanted you to see what stunning colors I saw.  It was 4:40 in the afternoon, so maybe that had something to do with the color of the light, and it was overcast.  I am not sure, but wow, what colors!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this photo. The colors are so rich and the water is beautiful. I definitely would choose this view as opposed to the phragmites up close, which, to me, seemed very busy. In yesterday's blog, my eye was trying to get to the view behind the phragmites. This photo does that perfectly. Trace

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous color on the trees. Makes a stunning photo! betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you both for your comments. Yesterday's photo of the Phragmites was a different kind of photo I think. More subtle and requires more work to look at the reeds and look for patterns. And, honestly it was not as strong a photograph as this one was. And I am also thinking that if I had been able to get high enough so that there were Phragmites in front of this photograph, those reeds would have taken away from the power of this photograph. So many choices to make!