Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Decorations


When I drove by the water a few days ago I saw that all the benches along the harbor had bright red ribbons on them! What a wonderful idea! I love the subtlety of it. I have no idea who has done this, but it really brightens up the landscape. As beautiful as all this is, you would not want to be sitting on these benches today. Temperature was in the 30's and the wind was blowing at about 20 MPH. I was only photographing for 20 minutes, walking up and down to find the perfect bench with the perfect ribbons, and I was frozen when I was done. All in the service of my art!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would never think to do this, but what a wonderful way to spread a little holiday cheer. Thank goodness for the generous souls who can spend a few bucks to brighten a spot that would normally be forgotten. Or, could it be that Sea Cliff village officials are looking to enhance the area? Actually, I'd prefer to think it was someone who loves the community and wanted to add a special touch to make people smile. Thank you, kind person, for sharing your joy of life.

Ken Spencer said...

Yes, this seems to be such a selfless act - I love the idea of how many people are cheered by the work these people have done.