Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Fate of the Universe


The speaker tonight at our astronomy meeting was Dr. Chiaki Yanagisawa of of SUNY Stony Brook. Dr. Yanagisawa is a particle and astroparticle physicist who has been studying subatomic particles and their interactions. He spoke tonight about the fate of the universe, based on discoveries involving Dark Matter and Dark Energy. Please do not ask me to explain this to you in this tiny space. You can see the title of the slide behind him. The good news is that at the end of the talk Dr. Yanagisawa is smiling from ear to ear. I think we have about 10 to 15 billion years left to go! Whew, I was worried.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was getting nervous when I first saw this. Happy to hear the good news and enjoy seeing his bright smile!
Joan