Monday, December 27, 2010

Trapped in L.A.


Those of you living on the east coast know that all the NY airports have been shut down for two days because of the blizzard. We were due to fly out of LA this morning, but guess what? No dice. So we are trapped in L.A. for several more days! Oh my, trapped in a place where the temperature is 64 degrees and it is clear with brilliant blue sky and sunshine! We walked out on the Venice pier today and just watched surfers. This is not a great surfer shot, but I did have a 300mm lens with me, so managed to get something semi-decent. Makes me realize how hard a surfing photographer has to work - everything has to be right, and the surfer needs to have good form. So this is my "duffer" surfing shot. I can still smell the salt air, and feel the sun on my face. Better than being where the temperature is 22 degrees and the wind is 30 MPH!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photo! Did you try surfing or just enjoy the sun and salt air? Happy you are finally having some good weather.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Stay there, don't come back! Those of us in the cold & snow want to see more sunny California pictures!
Polly

Ken Spencer said...

It was too cold for this easterner to try surfing! The water temp was about 57! I will keep posting sunny california photos, because this place is a gold mine for pictures. I am guessing it will be another week or two of photos from out here. And we haven't even left yet!