Sunday, December 19, 2010

Westbound At Last...


Westbound again at 34,000 feet, enroute to California for Christmas with Liz and Amy! Oh happy day! I had the window seat for the trip out and was glued to the window for a lot of the trip. Parts of the country were overcast, so I would nap. But when I could see the ground I was looking at the world with an eagle's eye. About 125 miles west of Chicago I looked down and saw this snow covered landscape. I was stunned to be reminded again of how beautiful it is. I think the dark areas are groupings of trees in the landscape. The storm must have been recent because many of the roads are still snow covered. What an amazing machine is the airplane. I have been photographing from airplanes for most of my photographic life, although usually it is from a small single-engine airplane, from a much lower altitude.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Interesting! Enjoy your stay in CA with the girls.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I love the patterns in aerial shots. Have a wonderful time in CA. bsk

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I feel so much better about you getting these shots while somebody else is driving the plane!

MJ