Friday, December 3, 2010

Spooky Garage


I was walking down the driveway tonight to go to my car which was parked on the street. For some reason I looked behind me and saw the shadow of my favorite Japanese maple tree on the front of the garage. The shadow is there because the neighbors have a REALLY bright front door light on their house. The reason I have never seen this before is that usually when coming or going at night, the headlights of my car would light up the garage destroying the shadow. But tonight, no car, no lights. It stopped me in my tracks, it was so neat looking! I did a dangerous thing, however - I didn't shoot it right then, but waited until I returned about an hour later. Very dangerous. What if the neighbors had turned off the light? I would have lost the photo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But now that you are aware of it, had they turned off their light, you would have gotten the shot another night...

Ken Spencer said...

True enough. But there are a number of times I waited to take a photograph of some other subject, and it never happened the same way again. I was lucky last night.

Anonymous said...

I am aware of those lost opportunities.. these moments serve as a lesson to me to try not to pass by ANY moment that tugs at my heart.. but it happens anyway.. in photography and in life.. You were very lucky, as were we. It is an intriguing picture. Thank you for the picture and your thoughts.