Thursday, December 16, 2010

Skyline


I went to the Post Office and when I got out of the car I saw the clouds, and then immediately after, I was struck by the silhouettes of the rooftops which seemed more important. As a photographer I have a whole remembered history of photographs that I have seen in my lifetime, stored in my conscious and unconscious memory. There was something about the line of these rooftops that reminded me of something I have seen or felt before. Hopefully this is not a direct copy of anything - just a photograph that feels similar. Perhaps there is a bit of ominous feel to this, which is nice. Confession... I posted this in color, then started playing with a black and white conversion, and realized the B&W was so much better. Bye bye color!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the black and white, it is so Hitchcock like

Anonymous said...

Totally agree - eerie...bsk