Thursday, December 23, 2010

Pasadena Rainbow


I mentioned yesterday how we drove through rainstorms to get to the museum. We went for lunch at a wonderful little Mediterranean restaurant, and the rain gradually stopped. Liz looked out one of the windows and said: "There's a rainbow!" So I jumped up and ran outdoors to find a beautiful rainbow arcing across the sky. There were buildings in the way, but as I moved around I could see that it ran from horizon to horizon. I started blazing away with my camera, starting at the left hand side of the rainbow, and then moved down the street, still shooting, until the right hand side was visible, in this photograph. I like this as my favorite, but how amazing would it have been to be where there were no buildings, and to see it as a complete semicircle in the sky!

No comments: