Monday, September 28, 2026

And Now For Somethng Completelhy Different


Well, here is something different, after seeing all these landscape and seascape photos, huh?  You will never in a million years guess what this is!  Or will you?  We were having dinner tonight, chicken marsala, and I went to the fridge to get a glass of Reisling.  The bottle was nearly completely empty!  So I got another bottle from the basement but dinner was ready so I did the unthinkable - I put three ice cubes in my wine glass and poured the wine.  So the wine was deliciously cold - colder than normal, of course because of the ice cubes.  And then, of course the moist air in the room condensed on the outside of the glass.  I thought nothing of it.  Until the wine was gone. Then I held the glass up to the light and saw the water drops closely.  So I put a macro lens on my SONY a7 and started photographing the side of the glass.  The actual photograph was much wider than this but as I worked on the photo and enlarged it I was stunned at how each water drop was a different shape.  A few drops ran down the middle of the glass, making that miniature river in the center.  No one was more surprised at what I got, than me!  Oh, this is an extra large image so please click on it and be amazed.  Thanks!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is totally amazing. I would never has guessed. I am in awe of all the different shapes and the little river. Joan

Betsey said...

I would never have guessed that this gorgeous copper color is condensation on the side of a wine glass!

ken schwarz said...

Cool shot! What accounted for the copper color?