Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Our Little Concrete Angel


As I mentioned yesterday, Kathy has not been tending to the gardens at all, and I don't pay attention to them either.  But yesterday when I went over to the side garden looking for a photograph, I found the American pokeweed which we didn't know was in the garden.  I walked toward the street and was shocked to see our little stone angel almost completely covered in leaves from some vines!  You have seen photographs of our angel before, in various seasons, but never like this!  She looks as if she is in a predicament.  It is perfect weather for painting and I will be painting more tomorrow, but the day after I will go over and clear away the vines.  But this is kind of interesting to see out tiny angel almost completely overgrown.  If you want to have some fun, in the upper left hand corner of this page is a white space where you can enter "angel" and then click on the magnifying glass and it will show you a whole bunch of my garden angel photographs!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding us to use the search button. It was wonderful to go back and look at so many photos of your Garden Angel in so many different settings. Lost in the flowers or lost in the snow over so many years. Joan

Betsey said...

Is she playing hide and seek? She is almost completely hidden from view under the leaves.

Anonymous said...

It really is overgrown in comparison to the past photos. It was fun to look at the angel in the different seasons. Trace

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you. I am so glad that you all used the search function to see so many other photographs of the angel. I was astounded how many other photos there were!