Sunday, May 18, 2008

Beach Roses


I went to a different beach today, on a day when showers were around again. By the time I got to the beach the rain had stopped, and I was a bit disappointed - I was hoping that the atmospherics of the rain would add to the photographs. That was not to be, so I went looking for other things. These Beach Roses, once I spotted them, jumped out at me with their brilliant magenta color, set against the contrast of the interesting light green leaves. You can see that the blossoms were really beaten down by the rain. But there a few raindrops on the blossoms, which add interest to the photograph. It looks even better if you click on it and get the larger image.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this photo. When you're handed lemons, make lemonade. This shot lifts my spirits!

Amy said...

MUCH more incredible when you click on it, as if it isn't gorgeous enough as is... love the raindrops. so cool...