Monday, May 19, 2008

The Business Card


"Business Card?" But that's a photo of cumulus clouds. What? Well, I have a story for you... I decided I needed business cards so went to VistaPrint on the web, and went looking for one of their designs. I loved a card with clouds on it, but I couldn't customize it enough, so decided to make my own design, with my own photograph of clouds on it. Do you think I could find a photograph of clouds in all the photographs I have on file? Of course not! Duh! I did find something, but it wasn't *just* right. And this time of year, what is the chance I would find the cumulus clouds I needed? Well, wouldn't you know, a cold front came through last night, and this morning began with a brilliant blue sky, and puffy white clouds! What luck! So before breakfast, I headed down to the beach to get the best view of the clouds down to the horizon. What is interesting is that I never just photograph clouds - they are always a background to something in the foreground. So, what an amazing thing to look at just the clouds all by themselves. It was so cool to just explore different areas of the sky, in both wide views and close-up. These things are stunningly beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it !!