Friday, May 9, 2008

When Dinosaurs Roamed the Earth


Now that I am retired, I can join the monthly "Dinosaur Breakfast" which was started by my colleague and fellow photographer Dick Kraus about 4 or 5 years ago when he retired. He wanted a way for retired colleagues to stay in touch at a monthly gathering. He came up with the term "Dinosaurs" to describe those of us photographers who have been working in this business for a long time. I am not exactly sure of the implication of the term "dinosaur", other than our ages. I think it may have something to do with our work ethic or something. I will have to ask Dick. Anyhow, there were thirteen of us around the table in the diner - photographers from Newsday, and the News and the Post and the NY Times, and some people from the art department and a writer, and our former department secretary. I was thinking of the length of time each of us has worked for newspapers, and decided to add up the total number of years we have collectively spent in the newspaper business. The total? Four hundred and ninety three years! For thirteen people! I kid you not. 493 years! Wow! (From left to right: Phil Dionisio, Lee Levine, and Dick Kraus.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun time
Fun shot
I really like the facial expressions, especially on Phil.