Thursday, May 29, 2008

Reflections


At the end of my bike ride each day, now that the weather is nice, I sit in a park bench by the water. The other day, there were clouds in the sky, so the reflections of the clouds and the sky in the water had wonderful silvery tones, both light and dark. So I had to quickly ride back up the hill to home, grab a camera, and come back to the water and watch the reflections while I shot. This is one of the images of the waves and light, frozen in time. I have made this extra large, so when you click on it, it will be large enough for you to see all kinds of detail in the image.

2 comments:

cheesedip said...

love this shot! i think amy would agree this is very similar to the work of an artist who shows in montauk each summer. i believe he paints images just like this with oil on canvas and they look just like photographs. your picture is much more fluid and glassy, tranquil and serene. reminds me of why i love the beach so much.

Amy said...

Oh my God, Jen, when I first went to post, there were "0 comments" and when I went to click and it said "1 comment" and the FIRST thing I was going to say was that it reminded me of the Montauk paintings! Which meanwhile cost $10,000. But wow, how amazing Dad, I love it!! I agree with Jen, this reminds me of why I love the beach.