Thursday, July 10, 2008

'57 Chevy


I pulled into a gas station tonight, and spotted this! I am not a motorhead but this car is stunning! I quickly grabbed my toy camera and snapped three photographs. Then the driver returned and I asked him about the car. It took him seven years to restore it. He said that when he got it, it was in boxes! It came from the midwest, where they don't put salt on the roads, so it had no corrosion. I asked about the engine, which is not original. Here's where I forget the exact numbers, but the displacement was up around 400 cubic inches, and I think the horsepower was up around 400 as well. I guessed that his gas mileage around town might be 12 MPG and he said he would be lucky to get that! He was taking it home to put in the garage for a few weeks before taking it out again. Wow, what a cool looking car!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ive read this topic for some blogs. But I think this is more informative.

Anonymous said...

WHERE IS FRIDAY'S PICTURE?