Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Mom


This is my Mom, and she is 92 today! I remember as a kid that I would tell her something that I did, like falling out of a tree, or crashing my bike fooling around, and she would say with a sigh: "Why mothers get gray!" and then laugh. Well, she is certainly gray now, and it may be all my fault! :-) She and my dad raised my three sisters and I with a lot of love and a lot of sacrifice. She sewed clothes for my sisters, and when I was in college, she worked to earn money to help pay for film and paper for my photography classes. I have always appreciated the sacrifices she made. She is such a creative person, and has sewed and painted and done crafts all her life. Truth be told, I am probably 75% my Mom and 25% my Dad. So Happy Birthday Mom, and thank you for all that you have done for all of us. Love, Ken

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Mrs. Spencer.

"You did good" !!!!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely picture and sentiment. Happy Birthday to your mom, Ken. Great mothers raise great sons (and daughters)!

A toast to both of you.

Anonymous said...

We are lucky to have such a great Mom. Good thing I did not contribute to her hair turning grey! :-)
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Joan:

You crack me up! Yeah, it was definitely all my fault... :-)

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen her in years but I remember her as a pleasant person who always seemed to have a lot of energy. I was telling your sisters last year in Mexico a memory I have is that she made the best cookies and we always looked forward to them at Christmas time!!Happy Birthday to her! And thanks again for all the great pictures! The kids and I go on and say "oh look at this or "oh how cool" and Nicki and I love the cat pictures It's about one minute a day of just pausing from chaos to look at something in a different way. I guess we should all have more minutes like that!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I confess...
Mom did say the exact same thing to me when I told her I was going for a ride on the back of K2's motorcycle...
I guess I added to her grey hair,too!