Thursday, July 31, 2008

Stellafane


Stallafane is the name of the astronomical convention I am attending this weekend in Vermont. I was setting up my telescope to do some observing as it was getting dark, and it was dark all around me. Suddenly in the distance, I saw this strange circle of light on the wall of the observatory. I couldn't believe my eyes... this amateur astronomer was using his laptop while sitting against the observatory's wall, and the light from the computer was lighting both him, and the wall, in a very strange looking way. I had to grab a tripod, because a long exposure was reauired, but he was still sitting there after I went to my car and came back with the tripod. I love how bizarre the light in this photo is!

2 comments:

Amy said...

this is awesome. it looks like an ad for some life-altering technology -- keep this in your roster as a set-up for sure! good catch.

fotofiend said...

great image!
tripod magic...