Friday, August 1, 2008

An Embarrassment of Riches!


Well, not exactly, but... I took photographs on the trip up to Vermont yesterday, and today I drove down to North Adams, Mass to spend the day at Mass MoCA, a contemporary art museum that I have spoken of in the past. So I already have enough photographs for the next two weeks, and the telescope maker's conference has only started tonight! On the way to the museum, I passed through Williamstown, and saw this house as I drove around the green. It is called the 1753 House, and the sign says: "Constructed with tools and materials used in 1753, for the Williamstown Bicentennial." It is a wonderful piece of architecture and history, all rolled into one, and I loved studying how the clapboards were cut and joined for the walls of the building. It doesn't look as if there is a straight line in the entire building!

No comments: