Thursday, August 7, 2008

An Accident (again)

I was out mowing the lawn this afternoon, and accidentally mowed over a bunch of Purple Coneflowers laying on the lawn. I glanced down, and saw that the mower blade had sliced one of the flowers in half! I looked and thought "Wow! That's interesting." When I was finished mowing, I went back and got a complete flower, brought it into the house, sharpened a knife to a razor's edge and carefully sliced the bud exactly in half. What a stunning sight to see in close up! I have posted a larger file than normal, so please click on this to see even more incredible detail within the blossom.

2 comments:

Amy said...

What a cool image! It looks like it belongs in a science museum. Quite beautiful.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing this and all of your other wonderful photographs. I love your photography style -- it gives one the feeling of being there, and wanting to actually be there. It gives you a true taste, so to speak. Please continue to share.

--Gracie at everythingcricut.blogspot.com