Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Porch Series, No. 1


I have driven past this house a whole bunch of times in the last 5 years, when I think I first noticed the collections of things on the porch, and on the lawn. This house is on Five Mile Line Road, in Penfield. For some reason, I really love the name of the road! Anyhow, this house has stuffed animals in costumes on Halloween, and all kinds of Santa things around Christmas time, and other seasonal variations. Today, on leaving Rochester, I finally decided to stop and shoot the porch for the first time. Don't you just love all the stuff there? You should know that some people are apparently offended by the collection. What do you think? I have decided to show a series of porch photos, from time to time, because I have some interesting porches that I have shot.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The photo has a very Americana feel to it. I love old houses and old things including some of the items on this porch but not too keen on the hanging laundry.

Anonymous said...

ken, can you find out if that old washer-ringer is for sale? i'd love to have one of those!

picture is fun and the clothesline is playful. obviously, these people don't take themselves too seriously.

Anonymous said...

Playful as long as you are not living next to it.

Ken Spencer said...

I am now 360 miles away, and unfortunately, have no way of finding out whether or not that washer is for sale. Sorry.