Friday, August 22, 2008

A Day In The Garden


I don't really know much about gardens and gardening, but I have been photographing gardens for about 20 years now. I think it is an adaption of my ability to photograph landscapes, which I have been doing since I first picked up a camera and photographed my grandparents farm. Anyhow, I haven't photographed gardens for several years now - the paper eliminated that kind of coverage. So I was thrilled to accept a freelance job today to document a private garden on the east end of Long Island. What a great day! An amazing garden and all the time in the world to shoot it. I spent around five hours of intense photography! What a joy. This is one of my favorites from a quick edit.

1 comment:

ken schwarz said...

What really attracts me to this photo is the depth of field giving the scene a 3D impression. The third dimension is what is lacking in my photo taken from a foot bridge showing marshland and live oaks.