Monday, August 18, 2008

Porch Series, No. 2


There are some magnificent row houses on South Main Street in Geneva, NY. They are up high - perhaps two hundred feet above the water with a beautiful view of Seneca Lake. Many have historical markers on them. Then there are some who are a bit frayed around the edges. This is one such house. What stopped me in my tracks was this particular color of blue! I have no idea why it touched me so, but it is the perfect blue, at least as it relates to the red brick of the structure. So I stopped and looked at it a bit, and came up with this one composition. It was interesting to me that there was no question where the edges of the image would be. I only shot this particular composition. Usually I spend a lot of time trying variations. But not this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love how the photo brings out the colors, the textures, the architecture. Very nice.