Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Digital Tree


When I was at the Stellafane Convention this year, I went back to Mass MoCA again. This year there was no restriction against photography which was really nice, because I kind of like to take "notes" on what I see with the camera. Well, I bought the catalog, of course. The show was called "Badlands, New Horizons in Landscape" and it was just stunning! This is one of the exhibits - a digital tree. It is a projection on a wall, and the tree moves as if it is blowing in the wind, and it develops buds, then blossoms, then leaves, then the leaves change color, then they fall off. It is an absolute delight to watch this piece in action. The title of the piece is "Mike Kelly, 2007" by Jennifer Steinkamp. The piece is named for one of her teachers, I believe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I would love to see the season's changes. Perhaps another day you will share a new season.
Joan