Saturday, August 23, 2008

Porch Series, No. 3


This was my lucky day! It's the usual story - I have passed this porch a billion times because it is only a mile from my house, on the way to and from the bagel store. So today I decided to finally stop and add it to my porch series of photos. I made about half a dozen exposures, and then the woman who owns the store came out to ask why I was taking the photo. I explained to her that I loved architecture and the pink porch was a great shot. I then asked if I could photograph her standing on the porch and she said yes. She invited me up on to the porch to try any other angles, but this original angle was the best. But the shot wouldn't be anything if it were not for her standing on the porch smiling. My lucky day indeed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be careful when a man says he was "lucky."

Anonymous said...

It was you lucky day her outfit complements the photo!!! I love it! what a great color pink - I miss you!!!! xoxo Theresa