Saturday, August 16, 2008

After Edward Hopper


I am not sure if this feels like an Edward Hopper painting or not, but that was the first thing that came to mind when I was editing these photographs. This is from that magical hour of shooting at the Fellows Gear Shaper Company site in Vermont. I have so many interesting photographs from that session, that I thought I would stretch them out. So here's another one. It's an old saw in photography: Someone says "How did you get that shot?" and the answer was always "f/8 and be there!" That's all I did. I was photographing the factory, and turned around to look at the waterfall and saw this!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes definitely Edward Hopper. Loved the way you captured the stillness of the moment.

Anonymous said...

Love it! It's fabulous, really moved me in some way. Can I have a card of it?

lgf said...

love this pic!