Sunday, July 20, 2008

Marx Brothers & Shakespeare


We went to a yearly performance of the village theater group in a place called "spooky park" last night. The show was "Twelfth Night as explained by the Marx Brothers." Believe it or not it was hilarious! And the production was pretty amazing, given it was in a outdoor park. Some of the performers clearly have acting in their soul, and it showed! So this is more of a snapshot, but I like how it is incongruous to have Groucho and an actor in Shakespeare garb in the same photo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for a show and kudos to the people who chose spooky park as the venue. Must have been the perfect intimate location for such a unique show. I must confess to spending lots of time in spooky park as a kid, mostly in the maze, but never envisioned Shakespeare in the Park.
Question: On numerous occasions I would have loved to have seen more than one picture of your topic/subject - including todays. Is it possible for you to include more than one shot per day where appropriate or would this take away from the "specialness" of your one selected photo ? Appreciate other bloggers thoughts as well.

Ken Spencer said...

This is a really good point. I think that for most days, since I am no longer working on projects for the paper, I set my goal as finding that *one* good shot. I have on a couple of occasions, posted two different photographs on two different days. Perhaps I need to think of this as a possibility for the future. In this case, I thought this one photo showed the strangeness of the combination. While typing this, I have decided to make today's post another photo from the shoot. One reason is that I didn't shoot today... :-( What would seeing a second photograph from the same event tell you - just more of a sense of what went on? In this case, I will be choosing a close-up of two faces, as more dramatic, so you may end up not really knowing more about the play.