Saturday, July 26, 2008

Bittersweet Destiny


Bittersweet Destiny - a wonderfully poetic title, isn't it? It happens to be the name of this particular flower. It is a Hemerocallis - a "Daylilly." Found it at Planting Fields the other day. I need to remind myself when shooting in gardens to get not only the wide photographs, showing a lot of the garden, and the relationships of different plants to each other, to show what the designer has created, but I also need to remember to look for close-ups as well. Sometimes they can be more graphic, as this one is.

2 comments:

PJ said...

Really beautiful work. I've had the same notion but it's the kind of thing probably best left to someone with more experience -- and a better camera. I do enjoy dropping in to see what others see though.

Amy said...

HOLY COW! i might want a print of this one, it's beautiful!! i love the subtle colors, as only nature can make them...