Saturday, September 27, 2008

Bell 47D1


Since it was raining here today, I went to the city to spend some time at The Museum of Modern Art. I am always surprised, and richly fulfilled when I spend time there. I never know what I will find. I do know about this aircraft however. When the museum re-opened, it was an iconic image and I couldn't wait to see it when I first went back. It is a stunning piece of design and in these surroundings, begs to be examined closely. It think this photograph is more about the various levels of distance within the picture, as evidenced by where the people are on the stairs and floor. I watched for a while and made a number of exposures to try and get people in various spots that would make the most interesting composition.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this perspective. Here is an aircraft hovering over a crowd of people below while being photographed from above -- all in a small confined indoor space. Cool.

Anonymous said...

A helicopter looms above and not one person looks up. We have become so sophisticated that we take everything for granted. That's why it's always refreshing to see things through the eyes of a child. If a little one had been in the crowd, you can bet the camera would've caught a face full of wonderment.