Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Canada Aviation Museum (Closed!)


I was really excited today, because this is the day I had decided to go the the Canada Aviation Museum. It has about a hundred aircraft on display, from the first aircraft to fly in Canada in 1909, the "Silver Dart", to a Spitfire, and an F104 Starfighter. Imagine my shock when I drove up and plastered across the museum's sign in front of this giant hangar, was a banner saying "Ferme Temporairment" (the english translation of which is "Temporarily Closed") "Re-opening in November." Everything in Ottawa is posted in both French and English. Oh No! What a disappointment! So I got out and walked around this amazing hangar, and took some photographs, and looked in the windows and drooled on the glass. Then I headed off to the National Museum of Science and Technology a few miles away. Oh well... At least I had fun with finding an interesting photo of the hangar.

1 comment:

Amy said...

What an amazing building. I'll bet that shot would look amazing as a black and white, too, just showing the shapes. Very cool.