Monday, September 22, 2008

My New Bike!


OK, so you can file this post under "wreched excess" but I am REALLY excited! I got a new bike. From Colorado. It is a long and tortuous tale, but the short version is that I finally found a brand new 2007 Specialized Roubaix Expert Rival, the last one in the country, online, in a store in Colorado, so I bought it. It is two years old, but I like the color better than the new models. It is unbelievably light - can you tell? It is an all carbon bike, and this particular model is designed for a softer ride - it was designed for the famous Paris-Roubaix race - the majority of the route is on cobblestones! I am a seriously happy camper with my new ride!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

At the end of the day we are all just big kids - enjoy your new toy - very sleek. Guess we will be calling you Lance Sr. soon.

Anonymous said...

I don't know which to admire more, the bike or Mr. Universe. :)

Anonymous said...

Have fun! I see you have a new red shirt to match your new bike. Nice change from Lance's yellow!
Joan

Anonymous said...

Who would have guessed that hidden behind this persona of a mild-mannered photographer is Super Dude!

Anonymous said...

I see you're wearing those "wild" silver sneakers that you previously showed off - a senior fashion statement!

Amy said...

Does this man look psyched or what? Happy to see you got one that makes you so happy. :)