Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tourist Series, No. 1


I went to the city today, but instead of going to a museum to look at photographs, I decided to go downtown, and take my own photographs instead. Well, be careful what you wish for! I must have walked ten miles, if I walked a block. Everywhere I went, I saw photographs waiting to be taken! So unless something amazing happens in my back yard, you can look forward to my city photographs for the next month, I kid you not! So I am starting a new series, called "Tourist Series." This first one is Isamu Noguchi's vermillion sculpture "Cube" at 140 Broadway. I spent half an hour looking for different angles, and then this young woman came up to me and asked if I would take a picture of her with her camera. I did that, and then shot one for me with my camera. I have no idea who she is, but I love her Joie de vivre - when I took the photo she didn't just stand there, but did this wonderful dance.

1 comment:

Andrew R said...

I like this story and image. Cool work. Would love to see more photos along these lines.