Saturday, September 13, 2008

I Never Knew


There is this terrible vine that grows all over everything, and up fences and tree trunks, and envelopes the leaves of entire trees. It grows like crazy! Rip it up and off trees and other plants, turn your back, and it is all over everything in what seems to be an instant! What a pain in the neck. So today I am mowing the lawn, and catch a glimpse of light blue and purple in this bush. What? I come over closer, and this is what I see. It looks like tiny grapes, some of which are the wrong color. Then I remember, the vine is called "Grape ivy!" For crying out loud - THAT'S why they call it Grape ivy! I never knew!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow, that's beautiful! I love how some berries are smaller, and some larger, and that you never knew they were there at all.