Thursday, October 30, 2008

Boo!


Boo! Happy Halloween! There is something magical about Halloween for me. Every year I have to cut the pumpkin and carve a face and add the candle and put it on the front porch. Then Halloween is complete! I could have been more creative with the face, of course. I always do a triangle nose, and round eyes, and a grin with three teeth. I guess that's just part of my tradition, though. But it makes me smile when I arrive home and see that face up on the porch railing and grinning back at me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this photo but it seemed eerily familiar to me then I checked back to your photo last Halloween and the mystery was solved. Like you I carve the same face every year - it is my tradition as well though my kids give me a hard time about it. Thanks again for the photo.
Happy Halloween.

Ken Spencer said...

I think I made where the eyes are looking different this year. At least I hope so! And if I recall correctly, I cropped the photo closer. I know it is a similar photo to last year's, but there is something about a Jack-O-Lantern that I just couldn't pass up. Glad there are others, like you, who carve the same face. :-)

Anonymous said...

What a delightful Jack-O-Lantern - so happy and friendly just like, it seems, its creator. It really is Happy Halloween when I look at this!