Friday, October 17, 2008

That Crazy Man Is On The Roof Again!


Well it is obvious that this post is not about photography. I decided to use the self-timer on my camera (which was balanced on the chimney) to do a photo of me tearing off a section of roof before putting a new asphalt roof down. I did the front half of the house roof last fall, and I need to finish the back of the house this fall. Man, it is hard work, but it is pretty rewarding to see the finished roof, not to mention saving thousands of dollars doing it myself. I am using a safety rope, you will notice. I love to fly, but only in airplanes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just went through your pictures of the last few weeks i.e. the Hermitage. You really wreak with talent; so glad you have an opportunity to let the rest of us enjoy it too.

Amy said...

Terrifying. Brave. And seriously impressive. And what a green, green lawn that is, which is also quite an accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

Is Kathy inside holding her breath? Liz helped you last year and she is a lot younger! That chain looks like you will hit the ground first, rather than hanging a foot off the ground. Better you than me. I spent the money to have someone else do the roof as I am a chicken when it comes to heights!
Joan

Anonymous said...

I get the heebeegeebees just looking at the angle and height - nothing like sitting on the roof on Seaside - too scary for me.