Sunday, October 5, 2008

The New House


This is Ginger and Ron's new house! Isn't it nice? It makes for wonderful photographs - I just love abandoned houses and old places in ruin! There is something about the sense of history in old buildings that have fallen into decay, that speaks to me more clearly than historical buildings which have been perfectly restored. This was the best room for a photograph because of the line of light on the floor, and the spooky sense of light coming in through the boarded up window. I know, I know, you want to know why on earth they would buy THIS house. It is in a neighborhood on the way up, and they will be using the walls of this old house - it is built of stone - as the courtyard entrance to a new modernist home that will be built on the property.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have personally known this guy, THE photographer, AKA "Bennie The Rocket" for 44 years! I realize with each passing year, that I never "really knew him" as to his talents, photographic skills and insight to the really finer things of life. This blog of Kenneth Spencer's is just super and reveals a person MUCH deeper than his old college roommate ever imagined !!